Axie Infinity Shards (AXS) appear to be one of the only cryptocurrencies to trade up slightly in the past 24 hours, despite the current bear market. Buyers appear optimistic over the blockchain game’s Origin Android APK launch, announced over Discord on Thursday.
- According to the announcement, the update will include UI improvements, and a “full HD graphic” option in the game’s settings.
- It will also make the game run at a faster pace by having all status and rune effects activate simultaneously. Bug fixes include decreased volume at the start of the battle and a patch to prevent users from looking at their next drawn cards without spending energy.
- Finally, it will change the turn that Bloodmoon starts to turn 15. Bloodmoon is a battle effect that deals damage to all axies in the field, regardless of whether they have a shield or not.
- AXS was trading at only $17 before the announcement was made. However, it quickly to rose $24.33 within five hours shortly afterward.
- It’s since settled at around $22.03 at the time of writing and is now the 41st largest cryptocurrency by market cap.
- Nevertheless, the broader crypto market is suffering. Bitcoin has dipped to lows unseen since December 2020, while LUNA is down an astonishing 99.9%.
- AXS managed to retain its market position even after its blockchain – Ronin – was struck by history’s largest Defi hack in March.